March 31, 2010

Another side

I have read many Christian blogs, mommy blogs, secular blogs, so many different blogs and blog reviews. Reviews saying to stay away from the secular blogs talking about "bed buddies" and using profanity and then secular reviews saying that "christian" blogs are preachy and boring.

Where do I fit in, I often times find myself stuck in this position in real life, the mom, the wife, the friend, the lover..hey reminds me of that song "Im a b!tch.." lol. But really, I'm liberally conservative'(isn't that an oxy moron) and I have strong faith in God and Belief in Jesus Christ, but I stumble and have my moments and I swear at times too, more often than I'd like to admit. I am a Christian, but even that word has such negative connotations because of so many people not living in a Christ like manner yet claiming to be. I'm not perfect in anyway shape or form and don't pretend to be but I have been through alot so far in this life and I'm just trying to learn and grow as I go.

I don't know. My blog doesn't need to have every aspect of my life in it but its who I am more than another side of me. I don't want to have to open a blog for each aspect, one for cooking, one for health, one for education, one for kids and so on. I actually know some who have, guess I'm not as good at multitasking or keeping up with one blog let alone several. I have many times started a post and just deleted it or saved it as a draft because it didn't fit in with just mundane funny. Ah...Any how I read a poem once and came across it again recently so I thought I would repost it here.


When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not shouting, "I've been saved!"
I'm whispering, "I get lost! That's why I chose this way"

When I say, "I am a Christian," I don't speak with human pride
I'm confessing that I stumble-needing God to be my guide

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not trying to be strong
I'm professing that I'm weak and pray for strength to carry on

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not bragging of success
I'm admitting that I've failed and cannot ever pay the debt

When I say, "I am a Christian," I don't think I know it all
I submit to my confusion asking humbly to be taught

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible but God believes I'm worth it

When I say, "I am a Christian," I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache which is why I seek His name

When I say, "I am a Christian," I do not wish to judge
I have no authority--I only know I'm loved


Copyright 1988 Carol Wimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment