March 22, 2010

For the birds

So we went shopping yesterday for a play house, super cute. But then when we got home I walk into the house and as I walk by kitchen the silver collecter spoons fall from the wall where there is a spoon shelf. Odd. Then I turn around right as my husband yells "Bird, theres a bird in the house!"

WTF?

Sure enough it swooped over head knocking spoons off the wall and smacked into the window above the kitchen sink. This wasn't just any bird. This was the road runner..

on miracle grow

crossed with a red robin

and mean

I think I seen teeth

Seriously, this thing was as big as the yorki dogs we have. Who apparently had fun chasing it all over the house before it probably pecked at them till they retreated and coward in the bedroom.

Holy cow, how the heck did it get in the house?? And why didn't my cat take care of it? Hes fired.

So we rush the kids into their room and close all the bedroom doors, then open the front and back door and proceed to shoo the bird out while waving a hat at it.

It flew the "coop" but not before leaving quite the mess.

I never knew a bird could crap so much, Our big picture windows in the living room, kitchen and dining french doors, and china and curio cabinets all had big greasy birdy prints on them. The bird knocked himself silly and left a mess of nasty everywhere.

I cleaned it all up (gag) but where did it come from? Of course find out this is not the first time a bird has come in the house. Somethings going on...

So while we went outside to put together our kids new play house the bird sat perched on the neighbors roof just waiting to dive bomb us.

Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment