March 13, 2010

The plague

Some how we recently caught the stomach flu.

We took my son into the DR because it seemed the mucus he was gagging up was from his lungs and with the nasty chest cold we recently got we needed to be sure. Thankfully his lungs are clear but found out it was the stomach flu instead.

Great. That big smothered breakfast burrito I had eaten before his appointment didn't seem to be agreeing with me any longer.

My littlest one had just got done being sick all night a couple days back so it makes since. So we got home to my baby and two year old with their grandparents just in time to be puked on by my two year old. Someone call Hazmat. I stuffed listerine soaked tissue up my nose just to keep me from joining him.

So I will spare you the horrid details but the flu took us all out, all but the older people. They have stomachs and intestines of steal. Probably from years of eating junk. We thought it pretty risky of them to be eating spicy beef stew while we sipped gingerale but okay. Poor hubby was sicker than a dog with the kids but I thankfully avoided vomiting myself, pleading with God for the craps instead as I gagged for hours. My prayers answered, no vomiting but I need a butt cushion. TMI? Too bad this $h!t is real.

But a bottle of Clorox spray, a bottle of frabreeze, two boxes of clorox wipes, 7 loads of stinky laundry and three days later we seem to be much better. THANK YOU JESUS. I will never complain of the sniffles again.

My kids are back to normal but as for me and my hubby well were hungry, really hungry, but afraid to eat. This may be the best diet yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment