March 1, 2010

To smell or not to smell

Oye, were on antibiotics for ear infections and green sputum. Its been oh so "fun". I haven't taken an antibiotic in years, havent had a chest cold in years, wth? Good news is were almost better, yay! Bed news is I can smell again.

I have had a super smeller since I got pregnant the first time just over 4 years ago. I can smell a mouse fart a mile away.

Seriously

Its bad how good my smeller is. I smell things I don't want to that others can't smell .

So yesterday we took grandma to the store after church and left papa at home...Big mistake. He clubbed a skunk in the backyard and flooded its nest(?). The thing lunged at him from its hole under the shed.

I know it had to happen, I mean we have two small dogs that my cat is bigger than and I have three small children that play in the backyard. Last thing I need is the dogs to be attacked, my kids bit or any of them sprayed (which has happened in the past...dumb dogs, try catching two long haired dogs covered in skunk, without getting it on you and when deusche and vinegar dont work, lathering them up in tomato sauce...yea no thanks).

Oh but the odor, you can smell it all the way to the street and the darn thing didn't even spray, it just oozed after it was clubbed. So now the house smells like skunk.

Inside and out.

Ewwww

I hope its not like bees and the smell attracks other skunks from all over to come and nest in our yard under the shed. Guess this is what happens when you leave men alone, they get all hunter and gatherer.

Come to find out it didn't take one club, it needed several. WTH? So my husband likened it to the big cow scene from Me, Myself, and Irene. Hilarious, in anti PETA way. So now we sit and stink, I hope we don't smell like skunk from the air permiating everything. Because that would stink.

Big time.

RIP Pepe le peu

No comments:

Post a Comment